Red Factor Canary Seed
Diet specially formulated to maintain bright feather colour in red canaries.
- Keeps Canaries Red: Seed mix is fortified with the red carotenoid pigment canthaxanthin.
- Unique Infusion Process: Canthaxnthin is absorbed into the kernel of the seed, meaning it is readily consumed by the bird and available during feather growth.
- Simple & Effective: Providing canthaxanthin in the seed is more effective than dosing drinking water, as it is non-messy, reduces waste and ensures optimum intake.
Benefits of Red Factor Canary Seed
• Keeps Canaries Red – Seed mix is fortified with the red carotenoid pigment canthaxanthin.
• Unique Infusion Process – Canthaxanthin is absorbed into the kernel of the seed, meaning it is readily consumed by the bird and available in the bloodstream during feather growth.
• Simple & Effective – Providing colour enhancer in the seed is more effective than dosing drinking water, as it is non-messy, reduces waste and ensures optimum intake. Directions Feed to birds whenever they are growing new feathers.
Supplementation only affects the colour of growing feathers, not existing ones, so colour change may not be seen until the next moult. It only affects canaries with red factor genetics. During primary moult: (Summer-Autumn) Feed as 100% of the seed component of the diet, just prior to and during feather moult. Rest of the year: Feed as at least 50% of the usual seed diet. This will maintain sufficient levels of canthaxanthin in the bloodstream to account for any out-of-season moulting.
For improved nutrition supplement with Passwell Egg & Biscuit and offer a range of fresh seeding grasses, leafy greens and finely diced vegetables. Ingredients Canary Seed, Hulled Oats, French White Millet, Japanese Millet, Canola, Linseed, Canthaxanthin (50mg/kg). Some seasonal variation in seed content and composition may occur. Active Constituent Canthaxanthin 50mg/kg